26 May 2010

the last day of school.

first day of school.



last day of school!


i found this blog the other day: GottaBook.  he's got lots of children's literature/poetry info and some funny originals. i read a few to my boys -- they laughed.  i haven't spent a ton of time there yet, but so far i've enjoyed what i've seen.  i'm looking forward to seeing more.  



Hello, Summer! -- (A Last Day of School Poem)
by 
Gregory K.

Goodbye, classroom!
Goodbye, Teach!
You can find me at the beach...
Or in the park or at the pool
Or any place that isn’t school.

Goodbye, quizzes!
Bye, reports!
Hello days packed full of sports
And days when I’m just lazybones
While eating melty ice cream cones.

Goodbye, homework --
Lunchroom, too.
There’s so, so much I wanna do.
I know the school year flew on past…
But please, please summer -- last and last

2 comments:

MollyinMinn said...

Oh I love the beginning/end photos. They are such good looking kids!

malia said...

this is really cute ( - :
we still have a few weeks before we get out...
thanks for your comment! would you mind trying to follow me again? under "sometimes it's ok to be a follower"... let me know what happens-- i am trying to improve the situation!